SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primeline31

Can't find 1/8 inch replacement vinyl coated clothesline

primeline
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My steel parallel umbrella clothesline came assembled with 1/8" vinyl-covered clothesline. Now the weather and sunlight have finally degraded the line and it is breaking at the point where it passes through the holes of the arms.

I found that the 5/32 inch plastic coated clothesline is almost too thick for the holes in the arms and the line is too thick for my clothespegs. The spring loaded clothespegs fit but more than half of my clothespegs are the kind made from a single piece of wood.

I am good at online searches and have tried a huge number and combination of search terms with minimal luck. I've only found two places, one selling a 100 ft roll for $13.99 + shipping and the other asking $33.32 per 100 ft roll, BUT... I can buy the 5/32 inch, 100 ft roll here for $4.99 plus sales tax.

I just want to replace the line with the same material and need 2 to 3 one hundred foot rolls.

None of the big sellers carry it (Walmart, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, etc.).

If I go with plastic coated wire, the size goes from 1/8 to 3/16 and it would outlast the dryer and cost more than the dryer is worth (after depreciation.) There is nothing wrong with the galvanized frame of this dryer.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County