SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kms281

Great room makeover help

kms281
5 years ago

Hi! We just bought this house and I am a little unsure as to how to set up the great room. These are pictures from the real estate listing (none of this furniture or decor is ours). I'd love your take on:

1. Paint: Looking for a nice bright neutral that has a little contrast with white trim. I am thinking something in the light grey family or maybe a creamy white? I don't want to look at the room and think "grey walls" if that makes sense? Something that just reads really neutral that other colors will look good with.

2. Furniture/TV layout: In this picture the TV will go in the alcove above the brown built in. That area is already wired for a TV. It is awkward though because of being right next to the fireplace. It's hard to tell scale from the picture but the fireplace is nearly five feet tall and the sectional in the room currently is gigantic.

3. More contemporary vibe: The house feels pretty formal and traditional to me right now. We are a young family with an infant/preschooler so I want the vibe to be relaxed and fun. And...durable ;)

Let me know what you think, thanks so much!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!