SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
airillusion

Need Landscaping Ideas for no much, rock or grass, pet safe yard

Airillusion
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We are wanting to redo our back yard. Currently, the area the dogs are allowed in has:1. Grass (mostly dead due to pee, wiping their paws, and eating like it's a gourmet buffet)2. Gravel (they tend to eat it)3. River stones (they also tend to eat the ones that can go down)4. Evergreen trees (when the bark falls off they eat the bark)5. Cement6. Brick pavers7. Dirt8. Weeds (I try to keep these to a minimum as the dogs eat these a well)9. Evergreen shrubs10. One mini rose plant (one dog finds the rose buds a delicacy)As you can see, there is a recurring tend, my two dogs are practically vacuums and will eat anything if I'm not watching like a hawk. In the redesign, I plan to stay away from mulch and probably rocks. I would also prefer to stay away from grass but maybe artificial grass might be nice as they like to roll each other over in play. They are both pointers around 50 lbs each and love to run, jump and wrestle all over the yard.Does anyone have an artificial turf brand/product they love or hate? What are the pros and cons?I would also love to see pictures of anyone's yard who is willing to share for inspiration purposes.Does anyone have any other ideas for materials to use in a dog safe yard for dogs that like to eat plants, wood and rocks?
I should also mention that I'm in SE Colorado.

Comments (24)