SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

Need landscape ideas for my front yard

Annie
15 years ago

Hi,

Now that the front yard has recovered from the brutal installation of the septic lines last year (what a nightmare), I want to make some changes or just add some things to my front yard.

This is my little Ivy-covered Cottage.

{{gwi:735357}}

Preferably using plants I have, and possibly utilizing native rocks and grasses. I want it to be low maintenance. I think I would like Alpine-type trees and plants.

I posted some pics of some of my favorite areas, plants and trees at my PhotoBucket entry page for ideas, but feel free to suggest other things and ideas.

It faces the west. The little trees in the center have grown enough now that they provide some shade, so it is not so glaringly sunny and hot.

The leach lines now provide some deep underground water (and nutrients). This year we've had lots of rain, but that is the exception and not the rule. We also have periodic droughts. It drains really well.

I was thinking maybe some wildflowers and grasses...Alpines.

Perhaps a gravel pathway with steps down the slope with landscape rock stops and large rocks scattered here and there. The local rock is terra cotta red and red-orange and red-to-purple.

I just can't quite see the plan when I look at it, but I have to have an easy maintenance landscape. I like the lawn because it is cooling, but it requires a lot of work to keep it looking good. So, I am up for suggestions.

There are so many of you who are fantastic with designing gardens. Please Help.

Thank you.

~ Annie

Here is a link that might be useful: look at pics of my front yard and tell me what you think

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH