SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenjen006

Anyone have some landscaping ideas for my front yard?

jenjen006
4 years ago

Hello. My south-facing house is in need of some updated landscaping. I plan to rip everything out although I could potentially could leave the boxwood in the middle. I'm not sure the best plant/bush/tree options to replace with though. I live in central IL so temps can range between 20 degrees (or colder) to 100 depending on season. Thinking of something with a little height such as small tree (ieJapanese maple) or flowering tree/bush on the left (again, not sure what's best for next to house and want something I can keep shorter than the redbud). Not sure what to do across the front and around the corner toward front door. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't wan't too fussy (and most of these pics have a lot more plants than I'd like but I like looks of some of the plants). I'm working with approx 50ft from edge to edge (60ft to the walkway) and 4 ft deep. Also, thinking about rubber mulch...thoughts? Thanks :)

I like the simplicity of the one below but have no idea what the bushes are.

Plan on using paver edging such as one below with a brown rubber mulch or brownish rock.

Comments (9)