SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Need expert on Alz/Dementia

Oakley
5 years ago

I'm interested in hearing first hand experiences if you witnessed a family member/close friend getting A/D from the very beginning. You'd think I'd know this since my mother had Dementia but I wasn't around her in the beginning stages. A couple of years before her diagnosis she did some pretty bad things to me that hurt me deeply and I'll never get over them. I couldn't even cry when she passed away but I did love her dearly. I'm having a hard time forgiving which I know is wrong. If I thought it was the disease it would be much easier on me.

Looking up symptoms they're all pretty basic but when I googled personality change with A/D, many sites said this can be the very beginning of the disease, years before the disease rears it's ugly head. In fact, I think it was just last year an AD organization of doctors wants to add personality change as one of the early signs.

I've read horror stories and watched videos of how downright mean someone can get in the early stages. For example, someone can be a gentle soul then out of the blue become irritable, angry, and abusive, and when the disease is becoming full blown, it gets worse.

I just want to know about the beginning of the disease. Any first hand experiences would be great!

Comments (101)