SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurenmail

Bosch speed ovens - clueless or not a speed oven

Lauren Bomhof
5 years ago
Hello all! Just completed the big dig renovation gone crazy. Still in recovery mode, but I still am so happy with most of my decisions. One I’m not sure of is my appliance choices. I bought the DSC gas cooktop, which is lovely, but holy cow, I can’t cook anything any higher than low. The thing is so incredibly powerful, I burnt the first half dozen meals before I realized I just couldn’t cook above low. The 2nd questionable choice is the Bosch speed oven. I had read that it worked mixing microwave and convection to cook foods faster without making them soggy, such as a baked potato in no time. After 4 phone calls to Bosch, here’s what I’ve learned. If you put it on the “potato” setting, it just microwaves it to a soggy result. Same with a sensor cook or sensor reheat. That is microwave only. So then they told me to put it on convection and it would cook it correctly but much faster. After 20 minutes, hard as a rock, so no faster than regular convect. The only “speed” option is offered for meat options only except for one which is for brownies. So I’m sorely confused. It seems to me to be a microwave and convection oven, but not a speed oven unless I’m cooking pork chops or chicken. Any one have any experience? I got no help from Bosch!

Comments (4)