SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachlove8

Thermador Speed versus Steam oven combos versus Wolf Speed/oven combo

beachlove8
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I have spent more time on this kitchen appliance package than anything else in this remodel. It's such a pricey item that will be used every single day.

I am completely allured by the steam oven concept but I am not an avid chef, I know not one person who uses theirs (3 friends put in their remodels and have yet to use it.) I was going to forgo the microwave completely and focus on mastering the steam oven but a good friend pointed out that if I wanted to raise self sufficient children-(teen years!) then I need a microwave. So my questions are these:

1. do these speed ovens work like proper microwaves when needed-read: will my kids get their hot pockets heated up in a minute or two like they would a simple microwave?

2. does the oven mode on these speed ovens work properly to bake cookies without microwave technology?

3. I don't need 2 wall ovens simply for thanksgiving so I want to maximize on that upper oven as much as possible, so I'm open to suggestions to accompany my rangetop

4. thermador versus wolf. I have read the reviews on houzz at exhaustion and still can't decide. for resale value everyone knows wolf but thermador puts together a nice discount with their package since I'm buying it all at once. Would love someone to shake me and tell me I'm missing some obvious solution.

Thank you!

Comments (30)