SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kohutmk

Feedback requested for exterior of new build

M J
5 years ago
Hi! First timer with new construction. Here is a sketch of the home we are building. I can still tweak a few things if needed. I have also attached a picture that was our inspiration picture (as well as one that was built from the inspiration plans - different builder). We’re going for a classic look mixed with modern farmhouse. Our roofline is much steeper than the inspiration picture because we have a large third floor. We’re using hardie plank siding. The vertical lines represent board and batten siding and the squares represent shingles. The accent roofs will be tin. We’re doing the house in hardie boothbay blue with white trim. Thinking a medium stain for the door? I’m having some heart ache over the shingles on top and board and batten on bottom and side. It will be one consistent color but does this still make it look choppy? If not, what would you suggest? I love the look of board and batten but I think it would be too much if I did the whole house in that, right? Suggestions? Thanks for the help!

Comments (44)