SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2manydiversions

Sous Vide Cont’d: A Newbie’s Experiences; Please share Tips & Recipes!

2ManyDiversions
5 years ago

Photos for uploading · More Info

Plllog started a thread about sous vide “Don't like sous vide?” which interested me as I’d been looking at sous vide cooking for over a couple years but hadn’t taken the plunge. I hope others are interested as well. Please read through it if you’re new to sous vide as there is quite a bit of helpful information and discussion!

Long story short, I decided to give it a go, along with a food saver for using with the sous vide. I’m including my initial ‘newbie’ experiences, thoughts, methods (temperatures and times), results, recipes, and cost (because it’s better than restaurant fare, and far cheaper). I sous vide 6 days in a row, the day after I received my sous vide. Brutal honesty here, folks, including my successes and failures!

I hope those of you familiar with sous vide will chime in, correct me where I’m wrong, add your time and temperature experiences, and sous vide recipes!

I’ll add each of my attempts one at a time in separate posts (this might take a while, I’m helping DH pull electrical wire today). My initial plan was to start with tougher cuts, but those took too long to thaw, sooo….

Comments (129)