SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Brunch Menu Help

bbstx
last year

My late DH and 3 of his friends all have birthdays within a few weeks of each other in early December. We always celebrated by going to brunch at a local restaurant that had an outstanding Sunday brunch. We did not get together during the COVID years, obviously, but we did celebrate last December.

Sadly, our lovely brunch place has gone out of business. Plus, one has dementia that has progressed to the point that he doesn’t do well in restaurants. I’ve been thinking about having everyone to my house instead of going out. Right now, I’m just in the “thinking about” stage. There will be 7 of us.

Let’s talk menu. I’m thinking about Quail in Wine Sauce for the main course, if I can find partially de-boned quail. How do I make it brunch-y? Serve it with cheese grits? I love cheese grits made with gruyere. But what about the other sides? What dessert? Do I need an appetizer or will nibbles with drinks be sufficient?

Our pre-brunch drinks will be the usual Bloody Marys and Mimosas. Maybe have the ingredients for Bellinis, just to have something different? I can set up a bar where everyone can help themselves.

Give me your suggestions and comments, please. I know this is way in advance (6 weeks or so), but this is the time of year that things sneak up on me.

Comments (58)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!