SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_41696034

Light selection for over the vanity mirror, space dilemma

User
5 years ago

We need to replace an over-the-mirror vanity light. The vanity is 6' long with 2 sinks. Previously there was one long strip of light bulbs spanning the whole width of the vanity, yuck. The mirror is one large beveled mirror and the ceiling is 8.' We wanted to install a 3-light fixture over each sink, but running into a dilemma. The right-sink is only 3" from the wall. The other end of the vanity is open. So far I can only find 2-light fixtures that will fix when centered over the sinks, without actually touching the wall. The 2 I have found are 17.5" wide and 15" wide.

Will the 2-light fixtures look too puny for a master bathroom? There will be a lot of mirror "real-estate" in between the light fixtures. I haven't found a 3-light fixture that I like that is narrow enough to fit without touching or almost touching the wall. I can keep looking for a 3-light fixture that is a max width of 22," but that would sit 1" from the side wall. What would look best in this situation?

Here's a sketch. Both lights are shown bc these are the 2 that we like so far. What would look best in this situation? Thanks!

Comments (6)