SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hutchae84

what direction to take this? (PNW zone 8b)

We recently bought this house and have been working on it slowly (inside and out). I have been working on clearing weeds and leveling this section of the yard (dirt area in pictures) that gets full sun (south facing which also gets E and W sun exposure). so far I have put in a path and added some ground cover (scotch moss, blue star and purple creeping thyme). I also added some smaller limelight hydrangeas along the side of the path and Delphiniums which I hope to layer with Peonies and dalhias next year.

The fence will be getting replaced with a wood picket fence but along the fence line are mature roses (that desperately need to be pruned), hollyhock, irises, honeysuckle, kiwi plant, clematis, peonies and overwintered rhubarb.

My original plan was two move two raised beds in here that were located in another area of the yard but found they were rotted
so we could start over and built new. I could fill it with grass but we have a large grass area on the north side of the house.

Since I'm excited I finally have a yard with full sun (hello PNW shade), I. also considering doing a flower garden but since it's such a blank slate, I am having a hard time figuring out where to start. Any suggestions welcome. Also keep in mind this is very much a work in progress.

Comments (11)