SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_9632964786032661

Peace Rose plant issue puzzled

mo haj
5 years ago

Hello everyone, I have a rose plant that have shown some symptoms that perhaps indicates that something is wrong. I bought the plant from home depot as bare root and potted in a 16 inch container. The plant started well and grew for about 2 months and gave me 4-5 nice blooms. I was growing this plant indoor under MH grow lights (400W). I then transferred the plant outdoor when the temperatures were fluctuating between 70s and 90s. Also, we had some heavy rainfall in Michigan. Almost after moving the plant outside, the leaves started to turn into red/bronze color and the plant stopped growing. The leaves started to dry up a few weeks later and started falling. I brought the plant back inside and new shoots started growing, but the plant still looks weak. The new shoots/leaves are also weak and sometimes fall off. The ph of the soil is about 7 and I do let the soil dry up (top 2 inch) before watering again. The soil has slow released fertilizer in it. Now, is this is a bug issue? Is it a disease? Is it heat shock? The pictures may shed some light. The last two photos are taken today to show how the plant shows the new growth.

Thank you for your help!

Comments (12)