SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
talynndar

help on colors please...

Jane
5 years ago

Hi All, I lurk and read lots, comment a little... first time asking for help!

I have an open concept home on a lake in Florida. The entrance foyer flows into a very large living dining room open to the kitchen separated by new peninsula. House is filled with light, big sliders looking over pool to the lake facing north and kitchen opposite with big windows facing south.

Just replaced all the flooring with wood look tiles (1200 sq ft) Happy Floors Dreamwood Blanco. Tile is gray wood look with some hints of browns. New Kitchen cabinets are ikea Grimslov Medium Brown (kinda a cherry color). My choice for counters is Cambria Brittanica Gold... This will be done on peninsula that separates kitchen from LR/DR and will include waterfall sides. Backsplash is tbd - either cambria (depending on measurements) or a simple tile that includes copper.

House has lots of angles, and the walls are a light texture and rounded corners. White woodwork and simple crown with 12ft ceilings. Style is more "transitional"

Here is the challenge... I need one color that will work throughout. there is lots of walls to paint.... foyer, hall to guest room and bath, back hall, open LR/DR and kitchen. Currently they are basic beige (greige kinda) behr rafia cream. I have hauled home 15 samples from BM and now 10 from home depot (I got tired of driving to BM), including the BM colors that Cambria recommends. Everything is too light (too close to white) or too dark...

A few of my neighbors have varied colors and its too open and the rounded corners make it awkward. I do have one big wall, I might do later as an accent.

I am not going to do a grey, for same reasons not doing white cabinets and subway tile. - just not me...

The current greige reminds me of every assisted living or nursing home in florida... boring bland. It will work, but I am feeling that I can do a real color just cant seem to get on track to figure it out.

I am rarely stymied... but this one is really kicking my butt...

Comment (1)