SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherri_tretter

Pallmann Magic Oil - Hardwood Flooring Problem.

Sherri Tretter
5 years ago

Has anyone here had problems with the Pallmann Magic Oil not adhering to the hardwood? We built a custom home, had 5" oak flooring installed and then we asked for the Pallmann Barnwood finish/color mix. It's a two step color process. First the brown/black is put on, then a white is added the next day. This came out absolutely awful. There were about three problem areas. In my photo - the area to the left was unacceptable. A Pallmann rep came out and said he felt it was board specific, and that he didn't think it was technique, because he knows my installer and his work. I'm paraphrasing here. THEN - another rep is trying to tell me that there's a good chance that it's board specific - something may have been on the wood, etc.. However, my installer was on the phone the night before with the rep because he was having issues with the white. AND there were a few other areas that had issues that supposedly could "be fixed." But because of the area to the left ( in my photo) - everything had to be sanded again. It wasn't fixable. We all agreed that this mess shouldn't be transferred to the downstairs main area. That area was already coated in brown/black waiting for the white. My question - any hardwood people ever heard of this problem. I don't think it was board specific, but more along the lines of either product or technique. Has anyone heard of this problem before?

Comments (16)