SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
konnie_jeffire

Foyer / Hallway Arrangement

Konnie Jeffire
5 years ago
Hi Everyone!
Was in hospital for a few days, but I'm back and still needing help.
I took some of your ideas, and advice and ran with them. The crain painting is in the dining room and the console table that was there, has left the building. Until I can afford a new dining set, I only need the cornice boards to be installed over the bay window, pick out blinds and find the perfect chandelier.
The foyer is bugging on me. I bought the console table and mirror to use down to the left of the door, but it didn't fit. Btw, I moved the crystal lamps to the living room as one of you suggested and am looking for a replacement. The one there is temporary unless I can get away with changing the mucked up lampshade.
So I moved it towards the end of the hallway near the living room and bought a coat rack/bench thinking it would go on the right side of the door. But, d'oh! I didn't measure the space and it hangs over three inches into a small hallway to the garage and laundry. (no mud room). I ended up putting it on the left side. I have also found a large rug to go at the front door so the runners aren't all matchie matchie.
*Please tell me how to fix this area. It's here in the enrty that I wanted a WOW factor, including a gorgeous chandelier. I have Addison's Disease and am steroid dependent. The steroids make me very susceptible to germs/virus/bacteria, etc. This means my home has to be a shoe free zone. I put the hall tree there for guests' convenience in taking off their shoes and to place a basket of new footies and slippers that they can use then keep. Now, the entryway/hall looks unbalanced or something??? Instead of the elegant area that I've imagined.
I'll post updated photos in two comments.
Any thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated.
Warm regards,
Konnie
The wacky one from Michigan

Comments (8)