SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phorton61

Need help choosing a faucet in a mixed-metal kitchen

phorton61
5 years ago

Looking for advice and opinions. I have a shaker style kitchen in progress, the back cabinets are in BM White Dove, the island is BM Black Beauty (a dark gray black). The hardware is Emtek Trail in Satin Brass, and I have two pendants for over-island, not yet installed that are brass (see pics).

My appliances are stainless. The center of the island will hold the sink, which is a big Kraus stainless sink, and directly behind that is a stainless slide-in range on the wall.

Countertops will be a white marble looking quartz MSI Q Quartz in Calacatta Venice.

Faucet choice has me stumped. Since the island is front and center, with the sink, it's going to be very noticeable. My #1 faucet choice is the Brizo articulated faucet, which I could get in chrome, stainless, gold, matte black with gold accents, or matte black. My #2 if going the brass/gold route is a Newport in a satin brass.

I know I'm probably overthinking this, but I worry about having TOO much brass as the pendants are a lot of brass. And I worry about having a non-stainless faucet sitting over a stainless sink - but is that a big deal, really? -- the sink is down under the countertops... . And I do love the black faucet with gold accents, but is black introducing a 3rd metal? Or does matte black just not count as a metal (my theory)? I'll stop blathering now, but I really need to get this faucet ordered today or tomorrow. Thank you.

Comments (19)