SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megoodgal1

Kitchen island Pendant help! - mixing metals in Kitchen/Living/Dining

Margaret Keckler
5 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and now that we’ve removed a wall, the kitchen, dining, and living are now one big room. 3 lights will go over the kitchen island. I can’t decide!!

Most all metal finishes throughout the house are silver toned (chrome, nickel, etc). Couch is greige (Bella Otter) and the living room chairs are Aubergine (dark purple). The dining chairs are teal. The floor is a light gray LVT (installed today yay!!). The living room has a tall floor lamp that is chrome and crystal, the dining room has the matching chandelier over the dining table.

Kitchen cabinets are a cool toned coffee, sink is stainless, faucet is brushed nickel, cab pulls are brushed nickel. Tile is white ceramic with glass accents (taupe-y, silver-y, teal-y). Wall paint is SW Zircon. Countertops are Cambria Ella which has cool gray veining and a gold-ish veining as well on a gray-ish white field. Appliances are all stainless.

I’ve already bought two different pendants for the island; one is stainless but might be too big (8.5”), one is glass (teal) and may be too small (4.5”) and the color might not go. I have no problem returning one or both.

Today, on my newsfeed, new lights came up and I really like them, but they are aged brass and while the style goes – the color may not. I really need HELP!!! Any advice is helpful.

These are the lights I already have; the large stainless and the small teal glass:

Here are the two lights I am also considering:

Tile in kitchen

Kitchen and island

Floor and dining table light - they will be visible from kitchen - if it matters...

Thank you everyone!!!!!!

Comment (1)