SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonitapplebum

Need help with gallery wall layout

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am hoping to turn my dining room wall into a family picture gallery wall using CB2's walnut and black frames. I have a mix of large and small photos but I could blow up the smaller ones so that they're all the same size.

CB2 gallery frames have the same size frame for 8x10 and 5x8 photos - the frame is 18.5" x 18.5" square for both photo sizes. Then they have a 15" x 7" size for 4x6 photos. I've attached both the black and walnut frames below:

Idea 1: Use only the square larger frames for 5x8 and 8x10 photos and create a grid of black and walnut square frames, like this:

Idea 2: Use a mix both the squares (8x10 and 5x8) and the rectangles (4x6) like so:

Idea 3: something else entirely?

A few problems with the space: The wall ends on a window seat bench and I'd like to put pillows there like so. There are also outlets above the baseboards so I can't totally center the layout from the ceiling to baseboard/floor. I also thought I should line up the top row of frames with the entry top seen in the right in the photos. I will be putting in a roman shade on the window and line that height up with the entry top as well so I thought I could continue that horizontal line all the wall around.

Here's a better picture to show the bench and how I'd like to put pillows:

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH