SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dionne_hart

Empty Nester 101 Help determine if I will ever lead a glamourous life.

Dionne
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello problem solvers/public therapy group,

I waited a year after my son moved across the country to convert his room into a glam room. I dreamed of dressing up, learning to contour like a Kardashian, and maybe going out on a date. I found the perfect seating for my room, a Ethan Allen x Disney chair and a half. I was so excited when my chair arrived. My son happened to be visiting so he welcomed the movers. He called me at work to tell me that my perfect chair wouldn't fit. I wondered did he sabotage it; is he kidding; is the universe telling me something; or is physics the issue. The deliveryman told me that my doorway w/door removed was 0.5 inches too small. He suggested that I remove the trim. I hired a handyman who removed the trim on one side only because he concluded the doorway was 1 inch too small so removing both sides was futile. I contacted my salesperson but she'd never encountered this problem. The website says the chair is 50" w x 30" d and the doorway is apparently narrow at 30". Should I convert the room to a nursery and wait to knit booties while watching Lifetime and give up my dream of living a glamourous kid free life? Or should I attempt to hire professional movers who have trade tricks? Eagerly waiting for a response.

Comments (37)