SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judithn_gw

Ever lost interest in your house/improvements?

judithn
11 years ago

Hi Everyone, I'm hoping someone has some ideas to help me. I've been in my current home for about 16 years. It's a nice home in a small development. For years making a home for our family, including decorating, was very important to me. But I'm sooooo sick of it now. I can't believe how much time I spent hunting for fabrics, paint swatches, picture frames, etc. and how much getting everything just right mattered to me. Other things are more important now. Plus I'm no longer committed to staying here. This community was great for a growing family but there's not much activity for empty-nester couples. DH and I are eager to move on. We talk often about where and how we see ourselves living once our youngest is gone. I'm not sure where it will be but it's not here, at least not in this house. I've got to stay here until my youngest is out of school (2 more years) but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas for getting my mojo back? We need to spruce things up but I'm bored with the style of my house and the layout no longer works for us. I'm reluctant to invest big $$$ in anything new though because when it's time to go I'm getting rid of everything so DH and I can start the next stage of our lives with a clean slate. Also, the house's value has declined so much that putting much into large improvements wouldn't be wise. If you've been in this situation, what did you do and how did you keep your spirits up when you were stuck somewhere you didn't want to be?

Comments (23)