SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

Have you ever lost your mind for this many steps?

palimpsest
5 years ago

The front bedroom has been gutted, reframed and insulated (It was plaster on masonry and plasterboard over furring strips and masonry, minimal to no insulation).

This changed the shape of the one column-like thing in one corner (made it shallower). This is the inside shape of what is a recessed cove on the outside of the house. On the original drawings it was a quarter round on the inside of the house as well. So we decided to make it as intended.

It's framed, I found radius drywall pieces pre-formed and now all I need is the baseboard. My baseboard is site made and partly recessed so it looks very thin. (It's not thin because that would not stay flat and straight).

In the apartment, I had radius woodwork made to match the 1840 woodwork and so I went back to the original company. (I could use flexible PVC but that would be too easy).

So I emailed back and forth with them and made a template of the actual curve, measured drawings and sent it off.

But I sent the entire thing off to the company I use to make custom Corian pieces for me. Once I started working on the drawings and through the end when I took it to UPS and shipped it, going through the same thing with the address not showing up in UPS computers, and never realized this until the real fabricator called me and said the package had not been received and I had a notification that it had.

Different company, different state, different product.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus