SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellusionz

Comfortable alcove bathtub?

ellusionz
5 years ago

I am renovating a half bath to a full bath and am in search of a good tub. I was hoping some of you might have experience and/or knowledge of a good tub that is comfortable on the back and under $1k (preferably a lot less). I was interested in the Kohler Windward which I laid in at one of those showrooms once cause it felt nice. But it's a bit on the wider side at 42", which I can fit but would rather go a bit narrower. I also read about the Kohler Mariposa that came in the 66 length which would also be nice but it's up there in the budget.

I've never laid in an oval tub before and was wondering if the shape or the back slope of 35 is what made it more comfortable? And with the Mariposa having a slope of 38 would it make it just as comfty?

The area it will be installed has 3 walls so I'm told thats needing an alcove tub or a drop in that has those lil tabby things that the wall can be installed to or whatever it's called. 42" width is the max I can fit, and I could do a 6ft tub but then I'd lose a foot out of my walk in closet.

Thanks for any suggestions y'all can give me in my search! I am willing to splurge a bit on the tub (going to wait to replace the toilet if need be) since that is the one thing once the wall is built that wouldn't be able to easily or cheaply be changed out :)

Comments (8)