Amazon Prime shipping
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (40)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Worm Compost musings
Comments (2)Welcome to the Vermicomposting Forum. Well, I got started about 6-7 years ago because I teach science and one of the students' activities was to start a worm box. So I set one up outside the classroom so kids could put their lunch scraps in it. They loved it. So now I keep a Rubbermade box at home. I have more scraps than it can handle, and I hate trying to separate the castings from the worms. (I bury a lot of my scraps in the yard also.) I appreciate reducing the flow of garbage to the dump and also am fascinated by the process of decomposition. You are sure enjoying gardening and v-composting. Great!...See MoreAmazon add-on items and prime pantry.
Comments (20)I've had Amazon Prime for years and probably use it enough to make the membership fee worth it. While I don't necessarily need things right away, I must admit that it does become very convenient when I do need something rather quickly. especially something that might be more time consuming to find locally. I also stream movies/shows occasionally. Most recently, I was able to buy used textbooks for my high schoolers much more inexpensively and being a Prime member, could get them in a timely manner rather than wait for the book rate shipping which can take three weeks. Most of the things that I buy are not add on or Pantry items but if I did want something like that, I'm sure I could easily wait until I was ordering something else. MD has required us to pay sales tax for at least a year now, but it is not on everything I purchase. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I'm guessing it depends on where the item is being shipped from. For example, one of the textbooks I ordered I had to pay tax, but another I didn't. But it was still WAY cheaper for me to buy through Amazon so paying the tax was not a big deal. I think having a prime membership makes sense for someone like me, with four kids, but it doesn't make sense for people like my parents. My mother doesn't need to buy much online, has time to shop locally, and isn't buying random stuff like I am for my kids. She does, however, love to stream shows. She and my father have their own Netflix account, but it didn't really make sense cost wise for them to also get Amazon Prime. I logged her into my account from her iPad so she can watch movies/shows whenever she wants. And if she ever needs anything from Amazon that she can't get with free shipping, she just asks me to buy it for her. Her credit card number is stored in my account and have it shipped to her....See MoreWhoa - Did Amazon do away with over $ 35 free ship?!
Comments (33)I have Amazon Prime. I almost always get my deliveries in two days unless, prior to ordering, it actually says under the delivery options that, though Prime, it gives a longer delivery date. The only time I ever had an issue was last year when I ordered some red Christmas bows. They were Prime yet we're not delivered in two days. When I checked later, the expected ship date had changed. I can't remember the exact sequence of events, but I denied up calling Amazon to complain b/c at some point, I realized I wasn't going to even get them in time for Christmas and I was using them for outdoor decor-this was 2-3 weeks prior to Christmas. I was told the same thing as jelly toast, that the 2-day guarantee is for when it actually leaves the warehouse, not from the day it was ordered. However, the customer service rep was very helpful/understanding - not only canceled my order but also gave me a $25 credit for my troubles. That, however, is the only time I did not receive an order in two days. Just recently, I ordered something late on Friday and it was delivered on Sunday. As far as pricing, I definitely check prices b/c sometimes the Prime prices are more. Depending on the circumstances (can't find it locally or don't have time to shop locally), I'm willing to pay slightly more, but that rarely happens....See MoreAmazon Prime has all but disappeared.....a sort of rant I guess...
Comments (99)Madilee, I ordered from Chewy last week because we were running low on cat litter, and I also ordered enough to qualify for the 2 day shipping. Well, it's been almost a week and I still haven't gotten confirmation that it's being shipped. I tried to get it from Walmert-but they were out at my local store. Thought I'd try Amazon, but the only litter they had that my cats will use was not only more expensive than in the stores, but it also was about 10 days out. I had also ordered some canned cat food-they kind my cats prefer was out, so I had to get a 3rd choice. I ordered some baking soda for the cat boxes-since we can't empty them, just clean them out until we get more litter, and a case of strawberry jam, because I didn't feel like going to the grocery store. The canned food came within a day, the baking soda two days later-still no idea when the jam will arrive. Meanwhile hubby has PB & Honey sandwiches. I'd ordered a new desk chair since my old desk chair was not designed to be used for 8+ hours a day-oh my poor hind end! Amazon said it would arrive in 10 days (even though it was Prime) but it arrived 2 days later. I did order some outdoor toys for my grands through Walmart-a bounce house/ball pit, extra balls for the ball pit, and a covered sand table. They all said they'd deliver between 4/10 and 4/17. The balls showed up on Monday, and the sand table arrived yesterday. Still no idea when the ball pit will show up, I've not gotten a tracking # on that, but if I go back on the website it says if I order it to be delivered to the store it will be there in a week. I'm trying to be patient, I feel fortunate that I have the means to order things on line and I can pay a premium if necessary, but sometimes it does get frustrating. I'm unable to order normal groceries on line for either delivery or pick up. And Costco.com is sold out of almost everything I need. So I'm going to have to venture in to the store. But back to the OT, I have Prime and am ok with the delays. My Prime membership also includes free streaming, so that is worth it to us since DH is running out of shows on Netflix. Finally, GS-was it you who ran out of paper towels for pet messes? I purchased a couple dozen cheap bar towels for pet messes. We were going through a lot of paper towels when our cat with IBS was still alive, and it was my preference to do laundry rather than throw out so much paper. Costco often carries them, and in a pinch you can get them at Walmart as well. Check Amazon, too. I just ordered two dozen plain cloth reusable 'paper' towels off Etsy to use in my kitchen. I have a roll that are flannel & terry that are getting so worn out-we use them all the time....See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

HOME TECHThe Inevitable Future of Drones Around Your Home
As Google joins the push for airborne deliveries, it seems only a matter of time before neighborhoods are buzzing with drones. Is that OK?
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGSwing Into National Hammock Day
Only one day to celebrate such a worthy pastime? Pshaw. Start on July 22 and let these photos inspire you to keep on rockin’
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESSouthern California Gardener's October Checklist
Get planting happy this month — so many natives, bulbs, cool-season flowers and vegetable crops to choose from, so little time ...
Full Story
FALL GARDENINGMore Than Your Average Mum
With a huge range of flower colors and forms, chrysanthemums can be the star of your fall garden
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESCatch the Wave of Boats Indoors
Canoes, sailboats and even speedboats have been finding berths inside the house, and the result is a captivating new take on nautical style
Full Story
MATERIALSDiscover the Bohemian Beauty of the Turkish Peshtemal
Lightweight and thin yet super absorbent, the traditional bathhouse towel finds uses throughout the house
Full Story
ORGANIZING7-Day Plan: Get a Spotless, Beautifully Organized Kitchen
Our weeklong plan will help you get your kitchen spick-and-span from top to bottom
Full Story
EVENTS5 Big Trends From This Week’s High Point Market
Learn the colors, textures and shapes that are creating a buzz in interior design at the market right now
Full Story
FIREPLACESDesign Workshop: Is an Ethanol Fireplace Right for You?
Learn the pros, cons, types, cost and more details about ethanol, or gel-fueled, fireplaces
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNThese Backsplashes Make the Stove a Star
The wall between the stove and the vent hood is a great place to add a creative design detail
Full Story
maire_cate