SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rideauroselad

Revitalizing a Rose Collection, Rose ID Help Needed - 2

What the heck, a few more to identify:

This one has me stumped, Species rose, low growing, perhaps 1+ meters ( 3 + ft. ) the only species that even looks close to me is Rosa Californica. Who am I?

A David Austin English Rose, full bush shot, about 1.25 metres ( 4 ft. + ) high
The blooms are small, about 5 to 7 cm ( 2.5 - 3 inches ) across and extremely double; mid pink, like the top one in this shot. It has a potent Old Rose/Myrrh fragrance and is covered in buds, most of which have yet to open. I am fairly sure this is the rare Mayor of Casterbridge, though I have never seen a live specimen of this variety. It the ID is correct, then this is a phenomenal rose in the Okanagan climate. Yes, no, maybe so?

Another from the overgrown and lost species and near species section. Rosa Foetida Bicolour, aka Austrian Copper perhaps? Grows to about 1 meter, arching growth, though much of it is buried in wild shrubs. Will have to dig this one out of the wildlife.

Another couple from the lost Explorer rose collection, just for fun. I am pretty certain that this is a mature shrub of the variety "William Baffin" Now this is a climbing rose for cold climates!

And this gorgeous very double bloom, 10 + cm ( 4 + in. ) across is I suspect a lesser known Morden variety called Morden Centenial. The shrub is very bushy, 2 meters high and has blooms with deep pink centres and paler pink petals around the edges, just glorious. It truly looks like an old HP bloom. I know this rose is popular as a landscape shrub in the City of Calgary.

Cheers, Rick

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County