SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nmsuther61

Small master bedroom layout and colors

nmsuther61
5 years ago

Our master bedroom has been ignored for the past 10 years. The room is very tiny and has an off-center window that drives me crazy. We hope to move next year and I want to enjoy any changes we have to make in the meantime. The room is 11' X 9.5' (window is on the short wall).

1) How should I lay out the furniture to maximize space? Right now we just have queen bed and 2 side tables. I have the dresser in the spare room but I imagine buyers would expect to see one in the room.

2) Below are some of my inspiration photos. How can I bring this together? I'm planning on new paint, curtains, lamps, bedding, . The rug is new so that will stay.

3) Do you think the Delux Lexicon Quarter will work with the flooring, rug, and inspiration pics?

4) What should I do with these hideous closet doors? Paint them the same color as the walls? Buy new white or mirrored doors?

5) I want to let in as much light as possible but we need to have blackout curtains as well. What type and color curtains would you suggest?

Comments (40)