SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jpoanie

How would you handle this?

Joaniepoanie
5 years ago

DH recently received a diagnosis and has decided to have surgery. The doctor went above and beyond. He spent three hours with us on a Friday evening outlining the different options available. Not only that, because we were scheduled to move, he got us an appt. with a top notch dr (renowned hospital) in our new location.

As a thank you I bought him a gift card for dinner and a movie at a trendy new center. I had an appt in the same bldg one day so dropped off the thank you note. The receptionist said she would be seeing the dr the next day and would give it to him and it looked like she reached down and put it in her purse.....as if she would be working in their other office the next day...not unusual.

I know drs. are busy but we havent heard anything and now I’m not only wondering if she gave it to him but kicking myself I didn’t mail it instead....even though that’s no gurantee he would have gotten it either.

I just want to know if he got it because I want him to know how grateful we are for everything he did....not looking for a thank you....but how to approach this? Should we send a message through the patient portal....”hope you received our note and want to reiterate how much we appreciate everything you did?” Leave it alone and always wonder? It’s been about two weeks. TIA.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!