SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Are slanted sections ceiling or wall?

chisue
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Unable to post photo.

Painters painted my entire MBA the wall color: Ceilings, walls, trim, doors. If it isn't window glass, tile or my white porcelain fixtures, it's BM Sheraton Beige. Tile is similar color.

Before they return to repaint the doors and trim BM Linen White (like the rest of the house), I have to decide what to do about the 'ceilings' -- and whether slanted portions are ceiling or wall. (All other ceilings in the house are 'white', including two cathedrals rising to 16 feet. All trim is Linen White.)

MBA is 11 (N-S) X 14 (E-W). Nine-foot walls east and west; 12-foot wall north to accommodate an archtop window over a tub area.

There is flat ceiling (9 X 11) in the center of the space at the 12-foot level. Slanted surfaces tie that ceiling to the 9-foot high side walls on the east and west. Slanted surfaces are each about 3 X 11.

Are the slanted portions ceiling or wall? They are above the enclosed (door and flat ceiling) toilet room (3.5 X 5) and over the glassed-in shower, which has a visible flat ceiling (3.5 X 5).

There are flat ceilings over the entry to the bathroom (3 X 6) and over an alcove with a linen closet (3 X 5). These are outside of the 11 X 14 rectangle.

I've had to up the lumens for sconces over our sinks so that DH can see to shave in the morning. The room has a large hanging fixture on a dimmer in the middle of the 11 X 14 space that we only use after dark. Natural light is from the (curtained) north archtop and two casements with up/down shades on the west (one in the toilet room).

Are the 'slants' ceiling or wall?

Should I repaint all the flat ceilings as ceiling?

Should I repaint only the large (9 X 11) flat ceiling as ceiling?

Should I repaint only the doors and other trim?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!