SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

We finally found a ring!!

l pinkmountain
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

After a frustrating and seemingly interminable search, we finally found a ring that both SO and I liked and was in our price range . . . no easy task but it seems the gods smiled on us yesterday! I wanted something nature-y and hand-made and artsy, or a sparkly big stone that was morganite or sapphire. SO wanted something traditional, plain diamond solitaire with maybe a few smaller diamonds on the side. We thought we had settled on a nice but uninspiring 1/5 carat ring that had some silver sparkle around it to make it look bigger. It was from Zales, but only available online, We decided to go to the nearest big town to shop for a bike for me and figured we'd stop by the mall store and put in the order for the ring. But while we were there, a very savvy saleswoman showed us a 1/4 carat ring that was "going on sale" and she said she could be sure and order one for me in gold. That was one of our sticklers, I wanted a gold band because of my very pale skin tone and I didn't like the orange-y ness of the rose gold. It is not a very impressive ring but it is classic. Does not stick up too high because it is not a Tiffany setting and also the diamond is small. It is on order and won't be in until early May, at which point I may post a photo, although like I said, it is not very impressive but fine for us. Classic and attractive and serves our needs.

So I thought I would post the news so y'all would know how it turned out, and know that I CAN make a decisions when the stars (or diamonds in this case) are aligned. We both feel so happy to know that we can stop futzing around looking for a ring and move on to other things!!

Comments (20)