SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missverahome

Need new colors and maybe a new layout? Please help!

Missverahome
6 years ago

We decorated our open plan living/dining/kitchen area 9 years ago with some help from an interior designer. We love it but got tired of all the creamy/beige colors. Also, we love to entertain (do it a lot) and everyone ends up in the kitchen vs the living room. Maybe a different layout in the living area would help. Maybe a sitting and bar area? we have a 6 and 7 year old. Also a dog that is mostly outside and a cat (think hair). I love my sofas and my husband not so much but they have to stay somehow. We want to paint our kitchen, do the countertop, backsplash, new modern farmer sink. I want the wood furniture to contrast everything else (therefore painting the kitchen cabinets maybe two colors, But we are scare to our bones of messing things up! We love clean lines, zen style vibe. And with kids a fresh happy environment is a must. But we also wish to have a pop of color. Help is more than welcome!

Top pic is from front house wall looking in. the room in the back is the kids play room.

Living room on the right. Looking from kids playroom.

Dining room and kitchen. You can see the house door on the right. Dining room table and benchs were designed by me and made by hubby. :)

House door on the right (you can barely see it).

Comments (781)