SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m111675

Subzero and Miele refrigerators/freezers

m111675
6 years ago

There are a lot of discussions about Subzero and Miele refrigerators/freezers, but I have some specific questions. Both seem very good, with perhaps Subzero being a bit better, but I have the following questions:

1. The lighting in the Miele fridges/freezers is really good. How is the Subzero lighting? Is the lighting better in the BI or the integrated Subzeros, or the same? I realize lighting is not a huge deal, but does make a difference. Anyone have photos of real life Miele and Subzero fridges/freezers filled with food, so I can see the lighting when used in real life? When I search online or go to stores, just see them with minimal or no food, so hard to tell what would look like in real life with real food stocked.

2. Do you think 2 36 inch fridge/freezer columns together is simply too big? We are not a huge family. We could do the 48 inch SZ built-in, but just seems a bit small. The integrated version of SZ is more expensive and for the same width, less capacity so I prefer the SZ built-in. The Miele is even less capacity for the same width and more expensive. Wish SZ had more built-in column sizes without freezer on the bottom. We don't want freezer on the bottom. Maybe panel the 2 36 inch SZ BI fridge/freezer columns, but doesn't seem to look as good paneled for built-ins. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments (28)