What have you all been up to lately? Hhhhhmmmmmmm.......?
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (39)
Related Discussions
What have you been enjoying in your garden lately?
Comments (5)I really need to find out how to do pictures. I only know how to put them on AOL. I just put in an Acuba japonicus, Mr. Gold-something. Put in some dwarf mondo grass where grass wouldn't grow. I'm very happy with my happy wild mix of impatiens and coleus. The colors just glow outside my kitchen window. Out that same window I get to watch the birds and squirrels. Junkos, purple finches, cardinals, thrashers (they even get on the feeder, which they are a little large to do, LOL), chickadees, and robins are frequent visitors. I have at least 2 hummers that visit the black and blue salvia. We have rabbits, including a baby bunny that is eating stuff in my front garden. He is lucky he's so cute. I need him to get bigger fast so he doesn't tempt the rat snake. My Nikko blue hydrangea has wonderful blue blooms, probably more than ever before, but no where near as prolific as my neighbor's. We'll have to cut a few more limbs overhead. My balloon flowers are doing well - even the tall one I moved. I can never believe that color. My red white and blue garden looks good. I sure hope the water restrictions in July are going to just give us a watering schedule. Anybody have a link to the rules?...See MoreAnnie, What have you been up to Lately?
Comments (23)Ann T, Cooper is loving having me home more than anyone else, I think, although Makayla and Bud are having a ball playing with me. Elery, well, I'm not so sure, LOL. dcarch, I can't get actually livestock other than the cattle and horses, which can get a week's worth of food and water at a time, until I move out there. We'll get feeder pigs from one of the 4H kids in the spring and slaughter them in the fall, but breeding stock will have to wait until I'm actually living there. I'm kind of leaning toward Mulefoot hogs, as they pasture well, we'll see. I sure want to make some more homemade bacon, though. The Poulet de Bresse rarely makes it out of France, but there is a Canadian variety of the Bresse called Blue Foot. It was nearly eradicated during the Avian flu scare but I understnad remaining stock is in California, so maybe, someday. The flavor is supposed to be far superior to other varieties. Having never eaten it, I can't remark on that. The girls do want to get some laying hens though, all different varieties, LOL. As long as I get good fresh eggs, I guess I don't care, I'd get half a dozen different heirloom varieties but they have to be sturdy enough to withstand Michigan winters without frostbite to their combs, etc. So, big gardens, fresh eggs, farm raised pork, oh yeah, I'm looking forward to eating well. And, of course, Elery is planning an outdoor, wood fired bread/pizza oven. Annie...See MoreWhat Have You All Been Doing Lately?
Comments (14)Not sure if anyone wants to read what all I have been doing. My mother who is her nineties is going to have mohs surgery next week. It needs to be changed twice a day for two weeks and I have been on the phone continually trying to find help. Her request was to be able to live in her home and its getting very stressful. Nurses won't come out since its not skilled nursing, . I called another agency this morning and the director lives close to her. Hopefully if they can't help, they can give me the name of a qualified person we can hire. The nurses said they can teach someone to help, but they cannot do this as its not skilled nursing. I understand, but its very hard when you live 3 hours away. She has refused to come live with us, and we are trying very hard to keep her happy at home. I was up in the night looking on the internet for help in her small town....See MoreWhat Have You All Been Up To?
Comments (12)I had lots of plans for the day, but then it rained on my parade !! Literally !! So, all I did manage to get done is nothing. I was a total bum. I baked a chicken for supper and tossed together a nice salad. Nothing in mind for dessert, but DH has cheesecake in the frij. All I did was wander out to the garden and then just walked on down the road with the dog. It was rather cool and the rain had made it all so clean looking. I have played around on this machine for a good part of the day. Lots of great recipe sites there are and a million of them too. I didn't even do the dusting and vacuuming that I had intended to do. LOL Oh well, the dirt will be there tomorrow. (unless some magic fairies sneak in during the night). Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be better. Helen...See More- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

LIFELate Again? Eliminate the Things Holding You Up in the Morning
If you find yourself constantly running late for appointments, work and get-togethers, these tips could help
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESTrend Alert: Mercury Glass Buffs Up Decor
New nontoxic formulas have made silvered glass popular again, and it's bringing shine to interiors of all styles
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGTepee Designs Tempt Kids and Grown-ups
For imaginative play or as a peaceful hideaway indoors or out, tepees speak to the children in all of us
Full Story
FALL AND THANKSGIVINGIt's Not Too Late to Decorate: Minimalist Fall Decor
No need to go all-out with autumn decorations. Nod to the season with just a few well-placed pumpkins and flowers
Full Story
FLOWERS AND PLANTSFlame Acanthus Attracts Butterflies and Hummingbirds All Summer Long
Texas native Anisacanthus quadrifidus var. wrightii peps up drought-tolerant gardens with its dark orange flowers
Full Story
EXTERIOR COLORWhite Delights on Home Exteriors of All Styles
You can't go wrong looking on the bright side for a home's exterior — white exteriors like these have been succeeding for hundreds of years
Full Story
CONTEMPORARY HOMESHouzz Tour: A London Townhouse Lightens Up
A dramatic redesign of this multistory home transforms its dark 1970s-era interior into an all-white Scandinavian idyll
Full Story
VINTAGE STYLEGet Away From It All in a Glamper
A glammed-up camper can transport you to a happy place, whether in your yard or on the highway
Full Story
HOME OFFICESStand-Up Desks Rise to Health Challenges
Sitting all day may be wrecking your health. Are you going to stand for that?
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHouse Planning: How to Set Up Your Kitchen
Where to Put All Those Pots, Plates, Silverware, Utensils, Casseroles...
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations





Amazing Aunt Audrey