SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vr46_gw

Need identifying mysterious tiny insects

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I've noticed these tiny bugs on the screen of my phone for the last couple of weeks. I thought at first it was an isolated thing but ately I've noticed more of them quite regularly. They are very tiny and are about the size of a dot on the end of a sentence written with a pen. From what I can see with my bare eye, they are round or oval with legs coming out the sides.

They are so tiny I've only seen them when they crawl across the screen on my phone and when I try to squish them with my finger I really have to press hard otherwise they just crawl through the gap between my finger and the screen or between my forefinger and thumb so I have to sort of roll them around a bit.

They aren't in my phone or the case so they must crawl onto the phone when I leave it lying around on the bed or one of the tables or sofa in the living room.

Other than that I don't know how else I might be able to describe it. I hope someone can help point me in the right direction to getting this figured out.

Some images taken earlier taken with my phone camera through a loupe:

This was the best I could do. I had to partially squish it to slow it down enough to be able to take a pic.

this is how small it looks taken without any magnification:

They are light grey to tan/reddish in color.

EDIT: Nobody at home has experienced any itching or red spots on skin that we know of. We do not keep pets.

Comments (21)