SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmot93

Funky growing Monstera Deliciosa Variegata

Ryan Osborne
6 years ago

Hello All! I received the below Monstera Deliciosa Variegata today and am very excited to add it to my collection. I do have a question about the growth with it being so "leggy". When making the purchase this is something that I was aware of. I think this plant still has a lot of potential as it is seemingly healthy and about 50% of the leaves were half white and half green.

First question - I am assuming the white was "sacrificed" as the plant was either not receiving enough light or nutrients. What is the recommendation for preventing this from happening to the future leaves? Does anyone have experience with this if its more likely one or the other?

Second Question - This plant is tall and the majority of the leaves are at the top, as seen below. Is it possible to promote leaf growth on the lower part or is this just how the plant is? I know with Fiddle-Leaf Figs you can make a cut and urge a branch to grow. Is something similar a possibility here? I am hoping to eventually take cuttings, but I prefer not to have to butcher the plant to make it look "pretty".

Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)