SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homechef59

I Have Two Antique Dining Room Tables, I Want To Sell One. How?

homechef59
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have two antique dining room tables. I only need one. I like them both.

The first is my mother's antique table. It's an English two pedestal Chippendale dining table made of flame mahogany with highly figured pedestal legs with rats claw feet. It has one leaf to insert. She purchased it at auction in the 1970's. It came from the estate of Hedda Hopper. It seats six. It's in wonderful condition and is a beautiful table. It has a little ivory label underneath that gives the address in Tozer 25 Brooke Street, London W1. I know that from online research Tozer was a very high end designer and manufacturer of high quality reproductions at the turn of the 20th century.

I bought the other table in the early 1990's. The second table is an American c. 1830 Baltimore center pedestal circular mahogany table with and edge banding. It has some decorative inlay. It opens up into a two pedestal dining table with a center support leg. It has five leaves and opens up to seat 10. The feet have an inlay band with brass tips at the ends with casters. It spent most of it's life as a center hall table, but I've always used it as a dining table.

I believe they are worth a pretty good amount. But, I haven't had them appraised. I have room for both, but I really think I ought to let one go. I need to figure out the best way to market these tables. I think they are a step above most of the brown antique furniture that you encounter at the local antique dealer.

How do I find reputable dealers to either consign or buy one of the two? I live outside of Atlanta. Do I get them appraised first? Does anyone have advice on how to best proceed?

Comments (5)