SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_larosa

Two week grafting update of store-bought twigs/fruit

Hi guys! I am sorry to keep pestering all of you grafters here, but I wanted to make sure I am doing this correctly and do not jeopardize the chances of these little guys I grafted. It has now been two weeks exactly for my first set (I grafted two more last week and, as Bob suggested, made the grafting branch smaller). For the first set of cleft grafts, all are still green and today I noticed that there appear to be tiny buds growing on two of them. I am so excited!!! I don’t want to jinx it or do anything wrong, so what do you guys do to transition them outside the plastic bag? I intend to keep it on there at least one week more as recommended by a few of you. Then what? Do I open it up some and allow more air in? I would think that it would be too shocking to just remove the plastic altogether with no transition...right? I do worry about moisture collecting in there though.

I know it’s hard to see, but in the top pic, upper left, you will see a few green buds. In the lower pic, there is a tiny bud (or two) forming towards the top. The other ones remain green, but I don’t see any budding yet. I cannot tell you guys how thrilled I would be if these guys took!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County