SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_851428

Home warranty and my Kitchen Range...

B D
6 years ago

Hello there... I currently have a Dynasty 30" Range that recently cooked its last meal, and the parts are no longer available. My home warranty only provides GE products for replacement and paid installation and has selected a GE Slide-In Front Control Convection Oven as a comparable. My other option is to take $980 and go purchase something on my own (about 1/2 of the replacement value).

These don't feel comparable to me in quality or aesthetic, but I could use some help in describing these differences persuasively to the home warranty company. From their perspective, I am getting more...

If I were to take the cash, suggestions on a comparable replacement? I really enjoyed my Dynasty -- and don't have $5k to invest. I am attaching a picture of my kitchen for context - while I may engage in remodeling in the next few years, it won't be this one.

I am also concerned about what to do about the lack of steel stub on the GE replacement-- as the tile stops at the edge on each side. Ideas for an easy fix if I take the replacement, or in general?

Thank you!

Comments (9)