SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovecomputers

Disappointed in new air fryer--do you like yours?

ilovecomputers
6 years ago

I bought a new air fryer a few days ago and tried it out last night. I had three boneless breasts of chicken. Couldn't find my cookbook, so I followed a Todd English youtube video that said to dredge the chicken in flour, then egg, and then flour and put in the air fryer. He misted his chicken with an oil sprayer. I don't have one, so I drizzled about 1/4 t of oil on top of the chicken. He said to use the air fryer for 25 minutes at 360. After 25 minutes my chicken did not look anywhere near done. After about 45 minutes they looked done. I had seasoned the flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika. Honestly, the chicken had no flavor at all. I realize my chicken pieces might have been larger than his, but we didn't end up eating until almost 8:00 because of the long time it took to cook properly. I didn't expect it to taste fried, but I don't know what happened to all of the flavors I generally get from my usual seasonings. I flipped the chicken several times. Is it always this much work? Ugh.

Comments (13)