SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helen_wu16

Master bathroom tiles - marble or porcelain?

HMhouse
6 years ago

I am at a standstill on what tiles to choose for my master bathroom. From the beginning, I wanted porcelain tiles that have a marble-look. I like marble but not the maintenance. I read all about tiles that look like marble - how you can’t tell the difference and have the best of both worlds. Then, I went tile shopping, and the marble-look tiles just look very fake to me. It doesn’t look like marble at all. I went to multiple places and it just doesn’t do it for me. They all look like fake marble, which they are. So, I thought maybe I will go super contemporary and do a spa-like monochromatic master bath with a beige linen-look porcelain tile or I can stick with real marble. I chose a carrara white. What should I do? I know it’s very personal and I need to make my own decision, but would like to hear what other people think? Should I go with the carrara white and take all the maintenance with it? Or should I do the porcelain tile? I honestly like both idea: a luxury bathroom with marble or a contemporary spa-like bathroom with porcelain tile. That’s why it’s so hard to choose. If it helps, my house is a colonial - my design choices are transitional, leaning towards modern. And my house will be in the $1.3m range (according to my realtor) when it’s all done. Would marble help with resale? This is my home but I usually move every 4-5 years (needs just change, etc.), so resale is always on my mind as well.

Comments (16)