SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susiesmith05

Color scheme? Countertop, Backsplash, Paint, Flooring advice needed...

susiesmith05
6 years ago

We are starting the remodel for our 1950s kitchen. We will be keeping the original brick fireplace that is exposed on the kitchen side.

I prefer blues and grays, but I'm not sure they'd work...So, I'd like recommendations on color schemes that would look right with these bricks. (Probably something cream toned?)

We will be installing a quartz countertop.

I'd also like recommendations as to whether I actually need a backsplash in addition to the 4"-6" border that will be on the wall. The kitchen area is small, and I don't want it to feel more cluttered. I wouldn't mind saving on the cost of the backsplash either, if it's really not necessary. If we don't go with an additional backsplash though, I also need to know what paint color would match.

Not sure if it matters, but the amount of wall space in the kitchen area is bt 6'-9' on one side, depending on appliances, and 9' on the other side too. There will be about 5' bt the 2 sides.

The fireplace butts up to one side of the kitchen. (We're moving the fridge to the other side. We are debating whether to keep the wall oven and add a cooktop, or to have a stove/oven range. We will have an additional 18" countertop and cabinetry along the wall where the picture is.)

Finally, what flooring would you go with? Colors?

All this sounded more fun and easier in my head...There are so many options and things to consider. And I only want to do this once!

Thanks for the advice!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm