SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmpsd

Need feedback on master bathroom layout -- Soffits? Mirrors?

dmpsd
6 years ago

We are redoing master bath to fix shower pan leak. I would love your advice on the floor plan, soffits, and mirrors.

This is a rough picture of what we are envisioning. (It isn't complete, but you get the rough idea.)

You can't see it in this rendering, but there is a soffit that runs all the way around the bathroom. Would you leave it or remove it? (Pictures of the existing soffit below. )

Obviously if we keep the soffit, we will need to square it off to match the new vanity configuration. And it would be nice because then the tower on the countertop would run to the soffit. Would you leave it or remove it?

Also, how would you place mirrors in this space? You can see that the rendering only has a mirror over the sink. But I envision that I will put an outlet in the tower and that is where curlers/razor/etc. will live so I am wondering if there should be mirrors on both walls. (You can see from the picture below that we have mirrors everywhere in the current bathroom!)

The bath below will essentially stay the same, but we will get rid of the step. I plan to keep the tub deck because I like having a place to sit and floss my teeth! Any ideas on appropriate window coverings for the bathroom? The shutters have worked well for us, but the paint has yellowed over the years, so I know they will need to be painted if we keep them so I figure this might be a good time to consider other options.

Thanks for reading and for any words of wisdom you can share.

Comments (13)