SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pink_peony

Need Help with Outdoor Plans! What Type & Color Pavers?

pink_peony
6 years ago

We are currently building a home and now that all the interior selections have been made (the easy part for me) I'm starting the process of thinking about and planning the outside. The house itself will be a traditional style and have horizontal siding in the SW Moonrail Silver. Vertical Board and batten in the The SW Software (darker gray). The Brick shown and trim in SW Pure White.

We are going to be building an outdoor grill area which we will likely do in the brick and possibly an outdoor fire place in the same brick. Im thinking of a free standing arbor or patio cover in white. Researching vinyl ones vs wood. Patio furniture will have somewhat of a Southhampton vibe, White wood, whitewashed wood and grayed wickers and navy and blue cushions.

We've decided to do pavers for our patio and walkways. Looking for some recommendations for that. We've never done pavers before but have decided to go this route. Someone mentioned Blue stone to me and I looked that up and found a lot of pictures that vary greatly. Some a gray slate which I think might look nice and some more tan and gray which im not too sure would look good with our materials.

The lot is not large. I tend to never get the yard I have envisioned in my head. The last two homes we've owned we hired both Landscape architects and professionals to design and do everything. Both were somewhat of a disappointment to us after a lot of money spent. Im trying to combat that with a ton of research , planning and thought this time on our part. Any in put would be helpful. However if you're going to tell me to change my house selections , the point is mute. We are past that stage. Thanks

Comments (22)