SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skrimplyvixen

My cat chewed my mini roses, is there any chance of saving them?

skrimplyvixen
6 years ago

I got a few mini roses for Valentine's Day. I moved them into larger pots and currently have them sitting in an open, south-facing window so they can acclimate for a while before moving outdoors. They're planted in pots with a hole in the bottom and a layer of pebbles under the soil for drainage, they get water every other day more or less depending on how damp their soil is. They were doing magnificently well until my bedroom door was accidentally left open while the boyfriend and I went on our evening walk. We were only gone for an hour, and when I came home all of my beautiful roses had been snacked on, two of them were almost completely stripped of their leaves and canes/branches. I know it was the cats because my dogs are too short to even dream of accessing the window sills. Is there anything specific that I can do to help them recover? I have fertilized them once with Bayer 3 in 1 for roses diluted by half and plan to fertilize again with miracle grow for indoor flowering plants in a couple of weeks. They do get full unfiltered sunlight for the entire day and plenty of air circulation. I would be very upset to lose them, but if there is nothing I can do then so be it. Any suggestions for helping them recover would be greatly appreciated!

After ^^

Before ^^

Comments (6)