SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pricyladi

Stepson problems

pricyladi
6 years ago

Hi, I have a stepson who came to live with us 3 years ago, he will be 18 in September of this year. My husband and I lived together for 6 years and recently married last August. All has gone fairly smooth over the last 3 years until recently. My ss goes to school until lunch , he has football practice for a couple of hours 4 days a week and makes sometimes passing grades and sometimes not. He does not have a job nor does he help around the house except to occasionally be told to do some yard work He gets dinner fixed and served to him every night after he has came home from school and napped or layed around on his phone till dinner is ready. I am very resentful because when asked what was bothering me several weeks back I began to explain how I felt, to come in after work every day and find a 6'4" 240 lb 17 year old asleep on the couch or just doing nothing at all. Well that did not go over real well and it has gotten to the point that my SS told his dad that I was not treating him right and he did not feel welcome in the home. I made a comment not to long ago to the SS and the next morning I was confronted by dad and told that I had embarrassed him in front of some friends that were over and that I needed to find a place to live? We have since then talked but there seems to be something between us because it seems that he is always looking for an argument now? I need advice

Comments (6)