SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mstein009

Please help me find a rug for hearth area

Mstein009
6 years ago

Thanks to @kateinparadise suggestion, I now have the Flexsteel Digby sofa/chaise and we love them. I went with the upgraded cushions and it is very comfortable. It's a high performance fabric in graphite which is essentially a greige. Now I need a new rug to anchor this space.

I taped out possible rug dimensions. The full line is 7 feet along the side and 8 feet across the front in front of the fireplace. The short green tape shows where 8' along the side and 9' along the front with the rug pushed up to the wall. Both options have all legs on the rug. I don't want the rug to extend beyond the brick of the fireplace as that is where the french doors are into the living room.

This photo also shows an ottoman I grabbed from elsewhere in the house which is 16" x 34" and seems like a good size for this sectional. This entire room is pretty beige and I'd like to pull some color into the rug or a similar ottoman. I am leaning towards blues.

So my measurements are not standard rug sizes. Wondering what rug size would be best for this area. My daughter recommended that the rug have some black in it. I'd like to stay around $500.

Some rug ideas follow:

Wayfair Rug Bashian Wool Grey I like how this incorporates gray, black and cream/tan

Room and Board Traverse Rug

Room and Board Nomad in Indigo or Charcoal (too $$$)

And if someone has ottoman suggestions, that would be great as it needs to work with the rug. Ideally the ottoman would have storage, and I'd also be open to having the top flip to a tray but that feature isn't required as I can always put a tray on top of the ottoman.

I'm also open to throw pillow suggestions; the ones on there now came with the sofa. And eventually art on the wall. The prior piece I had does not work. I was thinking 2 or 3 coordinating/complementary pieces.

Thanks for your help and ideas!!

Comments (43)