SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hsmeghan

Practical but attractive storage of medications and medical equipment?

hsmeghan
6 years ago

Does anyone have any advice or ideas on storage of medical equipment and medications? In our 35 years of marriage and family (5 of us, each with various medical needs), we have acquired such small devices as nebulizers, a blood pressure monitor, cpap machine, glucometers, etc. Plus we've had so many medications of various types over the years (including odd-shaped things like inhalers or various-sized bottles of liquid medications) and finding convenient storage for them has not always been easy. The weekly medication boxes seem to float around the kitchen and dining room and I just can't seem to find a way to keep them in one place. I've tried baskets on countertops, plastic storage boxes on top of the fridge, etc. In this kitchen I have two large drawers devoted to medications (both prescription and over the counter) and it still doesn't seem to be enough to keep things organized and out of sight. I don't store medications in the bathroom, since we tend to take them in the kitchen.

I guess what I'm looking for is advice on ways to keep these things stored attractively out of sight so your medical needs aren't blatantly advertised to anyone visiting, yet having the things you need to monitor your health still right at hand. Have you included medication or health equipment storage into a kitchen reno, or acquired a piece of furniture that works well for this? Please share ideas! Thanks!

Comments (17)