SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacque7305

Need help with Four Square Remodel and addition.

Jacque Renze
6 years ago
We just purchased this project for our family. I believe it’s an American Foursquare. Foundation was checked out yesterday by basement experts and given an A grade! Built in 1923. We plan on gutting the entire house and giving a total makeover inside and out. Need to make room to have master suite, laundry and mud room on main floor and have bonus family room upstairs in the new addition (there are 4 rooms up there now and a bathroom). Plus hubby wants a 3 car garage, I’d like a wrap around porch. How can we redo the floor plan and add an addition to make this work and not look ridiculous? Planning on ripping off current porches and make shift garage as they’re in bad condition. Current stairs can move, will be doing all new plumbing and electrical. The front door now faces south and we’d love it to be to the West because the property is very close to the highway along the south side. There is a circle drive to the west of the house. Last pictures is a style we like. Our budget is hopefully under $250k and my husband and his friend are doing part of the work.

Comments (17)