SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

It's much too easy for me to be relative :-/

palimpsest
6 years ago

So I am doing a small room in "allover" matching curtains to sofa to wallpaper, and I am not sure there will be another upholstered piece in this very small room.

I picked out a paper and fabric (and it's also available on Sunbrella which is great), and I contacted one of my friends for pricing, and it turns out their source no longer deals with this company, but their source recommended a number of alternatives, one of which is local.

So the local company does runs of limited colorways but everything is available "custom" from a rather large palette. I found an online place to price one of their standard colorways, and the result was not pretty...the List was $300 a yard, and the Your Price was almost $200, and I imagine if I chose a custom color it would be closer to list than not. So 20 yards or so at close to $300 is like $6000 just for the fabric. I suppose someone does it, but it might be why I see lots of this stuff on pillows and not on a sofa.

Then I found pricing on the original fabric I was looking at and it came in at only $150-160. I say "only" like that because until a few hours ago $150 a yard would have been way too much, but now compared to $300, it's half off! its cheap! But it's like saying a Bentley is cheaper than a Roller. :-(

Comments (42)