SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1sttimebuild

Wall Treatment or Color Needed For Front Entry

First Time Build
6 years ago

Currently walls are painted the same white as the living room (which this transitions into).

Would you do a wall color, or wallpaper in this space? Or, leave it as is?

If paint or paper, would you include the piece of wall with art on it? Not sure where if it should be included in the entry space, or not...

Comments (12)

• grapefruit1_ar
    6 years ago

Keep it warm. Either the green or something like SW Nomadic Desert would look nice.

First Time Build thanked grapefruit1_ar
  • mjconti
    6 years ago

Your choice of entry wall color should depend on what color furnishings, rug, etc. you have in your living room since the entry transitions into it.

First Time Build thanked mjconti
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I think your entry is very nice. I'd leave it as is, but paint the door something in a rich blue, or black. also change out the knob to a matte black handle.

trying to find a door at the same angle as the pic...all I could get

First Time Build thanked Beth H. :
  • First Time Build
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Ah Beth-h, I LOVE this! I think this is exactly what the space needs. And, rich blue is a perfect suggestion because (as mjconti referenced), our couch in the living room is this color as are our lower cabinets in the adjoining kitchen. Done - thank you!!!

• mjconti
    6 years ago

A mirror facing a door that leads into the home isn't a good placement. And doesn't serve much purpose either. The good incoming chi is reflected back out the door instead of being able to circulate in the house. Although your mirror is somewhat covered up by the bench & pillow. I know it sounds ridiculous to a lot of people, but it is fun researching Feng Shui and is one of many interesting things I enjoy reading about. Research mirror placement on line. You can find out a lot about mirrors! I have a fun book titled Feng Shui for Dummies. I wonder if you could move the mirror to your 'art' wall, and put your art above the bench instead. It might change your luck. But who's superstitious!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 years ago

Gallant,,,don't know if you plant on doing the outside as well, but I saw this gorgeous blue color in MM paint. (HD has it,,,even Houzz sells it) and thought this blue was stunning

Serene and Peaceful are the other dark blues in this line

• everdebz
    6 years ago

I'd leave what you have and spend on a really cool light... this one a bit dark, but seems rustic like floor tile... maybe do some different finish on your current mirror frame... to further your style.

Baxter 3-Light Semi-Flush Mounts, Weathered Iron · More Info
    https://www.houzz.com/products/baxter-3-light-semi-flush-mounts-weathered-iron-prvw-vr~75344545

• everdebz
    6 years ago

Closet knobs are cool - rectangular?

• everdebz
    6 years ago

Such nice textures you have - and glass in the front door ?

Persis 2-Light Semi Flush Mount, Old Silver With Clear Shade · More Info
    https://www.houzz.com/products/persis-2-light-semi-flush-mount-old-silver-with-clear-shade-prvw-vr~71992149

• everdebz
    6 years ago

"patterns" could contrast nice with metal mesh. W 13" / H 10"

will complement many transitional, loft and urban decors. The mesh frame adds interest whiles the fabric shade and frosted glass diffuser softens the light to create a warm glow.

Audrey Transitional 2-Light Rubbed Bronze Semi-Flush Ceiling Fixture · More Info

• (2) 100 Watt max E26 Type A Bulb (not included)

Manufactured ByCHLOE Lighting, Inc. https://www.houzz.com/products/2-light-semi-flush-ceiling-fixture-prvw-vr~54983605

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    6 years ago

A narrow console, art and a picture light with a new overhead light is required.

You can't solve very thing by painting the wall. The area could support some contrast. Facing a mirror when you walk in is too shocking.

Black distressed console from Ashley Furniture size depending on available space.

Linear Picture light above painting

See how this foyer is interesting because of texture and contrast.

Interesting fixtures for the ceiling.